Eurokod 3: Dimensionering av stålkonstruktioner - Del 5: Pålar och spont
(1) Part 5 of EN 1993 provides principles and application rules for the structural design of bearing piles and sheet piles made of steel.
(2) It also provides examples of detailing for foundation and retaining wall structures.
(3) The field of application includes:
- steel piled foundations for civil engineering works on land and over water;
- temporary or permanent structures needed to carry out steel piling work;
- temporary or permanent retaining structures composed of steel sheet piles, including all kinds of combined walls.
(4) The field of application excludes:
- offshore platforms;
(5) Part 5of EN 1993 also includes application rules for steel piles filled with concrete.