Förpackningar - Streckkoder och tvådimensionella symboler för skeppning, transport och godsmottagning (ISO 15394:2009, IDT)
This International Standard:
- specifies the minimum requirements for the design of labels containing linear bar code and two-dimensional symbols on transport units to convey data between trading partners;
- provides for traceability of transported units via a unique transport unit identifier (licence plate);
- provides guidance on the formatting on the label of data presented in linear bar code, two-dimensional symbol or human readable form;
- provides specific recommendations regarding the choice of bar code symbologies, and specifies quality requirements and classes of bar code density;
- makes recommendations as to label placement, size and the inclusion of free text and any appropriate graphics;
- provides guidance on the selection of label material.
This International Standard is not applicable to the direct printing on to kraft coloured corrugated surfaces.
NOTE Guidance on the direct printing of bar code symbols on to kraft coloured corrugated surfaces can be found in texts such as The Fibre Box Handbook.