Järnvägar - Spår - Bullerbarriärer och anordningar som påverkar uppkomsten av luftburet ljud - Provningsmetoder för bestämning av akustiska egenskaper - Del 6: Karaktäristiska egenskaper - Fältmätning av ljudisolering vid direkta ljudförhållanden
This European Standard describes a test method for measuring a quantity representative of the intrinsic characteristics of airborne sound insulation for railway noise barriers: the sound insulation index.
The test method is intended for the following applications:
- determination of the intrinsic characteristics of airborne sound insulation of noise barriers to be installed along railways, to be measured either on typical installations alongside railways or on a relevant sample section;
- determination of the in situ intrinsic characteristics of airborne sound insulation of noise barriers in actual use;
- comparison of design specifications with actual performance data after the completion of the construction work;
- verification of the long term performance of noise barriers (with a repeated application of the method);
- interactive design process of new products, including the formulation of installation manuals.
The test method is not intended for the following applications:
- determination of the intrinsic characteristics of airborne sound insulation of noise barriers to be installed in reverberant conditions, e.g. inside tunnels or deep trenches or under covers.
Results are expressed as a function of frequency in one-third octave bands, where possible, between 100 Hz and 5 kHz. If it is not possible to get valid measurement results over the whole frequency range indicated, the results will be given in a restricted frequency range and the reasons for the restriction(s) will be clearly reported.
All noise reducing devices different from noise barriers and related devices acting on airborne sound propagation, e.g. devices for attenuation of ground borne vibration and on board devices are out of the scope of this European Standard.