Järnvägar - Spår - Säkerhet vid arbete i spår - Del 2-2: Gemensamma lösningar och teknik - Krav på hinder
This European Standard deals with requirements for barriers to give users the possibility to prevent workers from entering the danger zone unintentionally by the use of such barriers.
This standard defines minimum requirements and test procedures for these barriers concerning the dimensions, the stability and electrical properties.
This standard also gives recommendations for the marking (visual demarcation line) where a person would enter the danger zone.
For combinations of barriers and TWS see also prEN 16704-2-1:2014.
This standard contains remarks for electrical hazards by a third rail.
This standard does not deal with:
- risk assessment for safety protection on the track during work;
- hierarchy of safety measure for safety protection on the track during work;
- safety measure to provide safe working and safe train operation in the area of a work site;
- national safety regulations to plan and operate barriers in track;
- safety regulations and additional requirements e.g. due to national or operational rules or negotiation between the user and the manufacturer;
- electrical hazards by different potential of different electrified circuits.