Vägtrafikinformatik - Platsreferenser för geografiska databaser - Del 1: Allmänna krav och begreppsmodell (ISO 17572-1:2008, IDT)
This International Standard specifies Location Referencing Methods (LRM) that describe locations in the context of geographic databases and will be used to locate transport-related phenomena in an encoder system as well as in the decoder side. This International Standard defines what is meant by such objects, and describes the reference in detail, including whether or not components of the reference are mandatory or optional, and their characteristics.
This International Standard specifies two different LRMs:
- pre-coded location references (pre-coded profile);
- dynamic location references (dynamic profile).
This International Standard does not define a physical format for implementing the LRM. However, the requirements for physical formats are defined.
This International Standard does not define details of the Location Referencing System (LRS), i.e. how the LRMs are to be implemented in software, hardware, or processes.
This part of ISO 17572 specifies the following general LRM related sections:
- requirements of a Location Referencing Method;
- conceptual Data Model for Location Referencing Methods;
- inventory of Location Referencing Methods;
- examples of Conceptual Data Model Use;
- description of selected UML Elements;
- comparison of Definitions with ISO/TC 211;
- introduction to the TPEG Physical Format.
-It is consistent with other International Standards developed by ISO/TC 204 such as ISO 14825, Intelligent transport systems — Geographic Data Files (GDF) — Overall data specification.