Fasta biobränslen - Kvalitetssäkring av bränslen - Del 1: Allmänna krav
This European Standard defines the procedures to fulfil the quality requirements (quality control) and describes measures to ensure adequate confidence that the biofuel specification is fulfilled (quality assurance). This European Standard covers the whole chain, from supply of raw materials to point of delivery to the end-user.
According to the mandate given for the standardisation work, the scope of the CEN/TC 335 only includes solid biofuels originating from the following sources:
- products from agriculture and forestry;
- vegetable waste from agriculture and forestry;
- vegetable waste from the food processing industry;
- wood waste, with the exception of wood waste which may contain halogenated organic compounds or heavy metal as a result of treatment with wood preservatives or coating, and which includes in particular such wood waste originated from construction and demolition waste;
- fibrous vegetable waste from virgin pulp production and from the production of paper from pulp, if it is co-incinerated at the place of production and heat generated is recovered;
- cork waste.
NOTE 1 The quality assurance systems applied to the operation of conversion plants fuelled by solid biofuels are outside the scope of this European Standard.
NOTE 2 Health, safety and environmental issues for solid biofuels are important and need special attention, however they are outside the scope of this European Standard.
NOTE 3 For the avoidance of doubt, demolition wood is not included in the scope of this European Standard. Demolition wood is defined as “used wood arising from demolition of buildings or civil engineering installations” (EN 14588:2010, 4.52).
NOTE 4 The biofuels covered by this European standard are identical to the fuels exempted from the Directive 2000/76/EC [Article 2.2 a) from i) to v)] on incineration of waste.