Hälso- och sjukvårdsinformatik - Patientkort - Del 7: Medicineringsuppgifter (ISO 21549-7:2016)
ISO 21549-7:2016 applies to situations in which such data is recorded on or transported by patient healthcards compliant with the physical dimensions of ID-1 cards defined by ISO/IEC 7810.
ISO 21549-7:2016 specifies the basic structure of the data contained within the medication data object, but does not specify or mandate particular data sets for storage on devices.
The purpose of this document is for cards to provide information to other health professionals and to the patient or its non-professional caregiver.
It can also be used to carry a new prescription from the prescriber to the dispenser/pharmacy in the design of its sets.
Medication data include the following four components:
- medication notes: additional information related to medication and the safe use of medicines by the patient such as medication history, sensitivities and allergies;
- medication prescriptions: to carry a new prescription from the prescriber to the dispenser/pharmacy;
- medication dispensed: the records of medications dispensed for the patient;
- medication references: pointers to other systems that contain information that makes up medication prescription and the authority to dispense.
The following topics are beyond the scope of this document:
- physical or logical solutions for the practical functioning of particular types of data cards;
- how the message is processed further "downstream" of the interface between two systems;
- the form which the data takes for use outside the data card, or the way in which such data is visibly represented on the data card or elsewhere.