Hälso- och sjukvårdsinformatik - Kategoristruktur för terminologier för människans anatomi
SS-EN ISO 16278:2016
This European standard defines the characteristics required to synthetically describe the organisation and content of human anatomy within a terminological system. It is intended primarily for use with computer-based applications such as clinical electronic health records, decision support and for various bio-medical research purposes.
This European standard will serve to
- facilitate the construction of new terminological systems in a regular form which will increase their coherence and expressiveness;
- facilitate maintenance of human anatomy within terminological systems;
- increase consistency and coherence of existing terminological system;
- allow systematic cross-references between items of human anatomy in different types of terminological systems;
- facilitate convergence among human anatomy within terminological systems;
- make explicit the overlap for human anatomy between different health care domains terminological systems;
- provide elements for negotiation about integration of different terminological systems into information systems between the respective developers;
- enable the systematic evaluation of human anatomy within terminological systems.