Bygghissar för materialtransport - Del 1: Hissar med beträdbar plattform
1.1 This standard deals with power operated temporarily installed builders hoists (referred to as “hoists“ in this standard) intended for use by persons who are permitted to enter sites of engineering and construction, serving landing levels, having a load carrying device:
- designed for the transportation of goods only;
- travelling vertically or along a path within 15 degrees max. of the vertical;
- supported or sustained by drum driven wire rope, chain, rack and pinion, hydraulic jack (direct or indirect), or an expanding linkage mechanism;
- where masts, when erected, may or may not require support from separate structures;
- which permits the access of instructed persons during loading and unloading;
- which are driven by appointed persons;
- which permits, if necessary, during erection, dismantling, maintenance and inspection, the access and travel by persons who are competent and authorised.
1.2 The standard identifies hazards as listed in clause 4 which arise during the various phases in the life of such equipment and describes methods for the elimination or reduction of these hazards when used as intended by the manufacturer.