Järnvägar - Spår - Tvåvägsfordon med ansluten utrustning - Del 4: Tekniska krav för drift, förflyttning och arbete på spårväg
This document specifies the technical requirements to minimize the specific railway hazards of self-propelled road-rail machines - henceforward referred to as machines - and associated equipment, intended for use on urban rail. These hazards can arise during the commissioning, the operation and the maintenance of machines when carried out in accordance with the specification given by the manufacturer or his authorized representative. Where a machine is designed and intended for use on mainline and urban rail, the machine will comply with the most onerous conditions of FprEN 15746-1 and FprEN 15746-4. In all cases the machine will comply with the requirements set out in FprEN 15746-2.
The requirements in this document amend those in FprEN 15746-1 as required for the use of the machine on urban railways.
This document does not apply to the following:
- the requirements for quality of the work or performance of the machine;
- the specific requirements established by the machine operator for the use of machines, which will be the subject of negotiation between the manufacturer and the Urban Rail Manager;
- moving and working while not on rails;
- separate machines temporarily mounted on machines and associated equipment.
This document does not establish the additional requirements for the following:
- operation subject to special rules, e.g. potentially explosive atmospheres;
- hazards due to natural causes, e.g. earthquake, lightning, flooding;
- working methods;
- operation in severe working conditions requiring special measures, e.g. extreme environmental conditions such as: freezing temperatures, high temperatures, corrosive environments, tropical environments, contaminating environments, strong magnetic fields;
- hazards occurring when used to handle suspended loads which may swing freely.
For a road-rail machine it is assumed that an EU road permissible host vehicle will offer an accepted safety level for its designed basic functions before c ...