Avloppsteknik - Brunnsbeteckningar för trafikområden - Del 2: Brunnslock och lock till nedstigningsbrunnar gjorda av gjutjärn
This European Standard is applicable to gully tops and manhole tops made of flake graphite cast iron and/or spheroidal graphite cast iron whether in combination with concrete or not, with a clear opening up to and including 1 000 mm for covering gullies, manholes and inspection chambers for installation within areas subjected to pedestrian and/or vehicular traffic.
It is applicable to manhole tops and gully tops for use in:
- areas which can only be used by pedestrians and pedal cyclists (at least class A 15),
- pedestrian areas and comparable areas, car parks or car parking decks (at least class B 125),
- the area of kerbside channels of roads which, when measured from the kerb edge, extends a maximum of 0,5 m into the carriageway and a maximum of 0,2 m into the pedestrian area (at least class C 250),
- carriageways of roads (including pedestrian streets), hard shoulders and parking areas, for all types of road vehicles (at least class D 400),
- areas imposing high wheel loads, e.g. docks, aircraft pavements (at least class E 600),
- areas imposing particularly high wheel loads, e.g. aircraft pavements (class F 900).
This European Standard is not applicable in isolation but only in combination with EN 124 1 and gives guidance for combinations of covers/grating made from cast iron with frames according to EN 124 3, EN 124 4, EN 124 5 and EN 124 6.
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- fillings installed on site, e.g. concrete, paving blocks, etc.,
- concave gratings for classes D 400 installed in carriageways of roads and hard shoulders and concave gratings for classes F 900 and E 600,
- gratings/covers as part of prefabricated drainage channels according to EN 1433,
- floor and roof gullies in buildings which are specified in EN 1253 (all parts), and
- surface boxes.