Markutrustningar för flygplatser - Säkerhetskrav - Del 7: Bogserutrustning för flygplan
This European Standard specifies the technical requirements to minimise the hazards listed in Clause 4 which can arise during the commissioning, operation and maintenance of aircraft movement equipment when carried out in accordance with the specifications given by the manufacturer or his authorised representative. It also takes into account some performance requirements recognised as essential by authorities, aircraft and ground support equipment (GSE) manufacturers as well as airlines and handling agencies.
This European Standard applies to:
- aircraft tractors with driver accommodation;
- pedestrian controlled aircraft movement equipment;
- moveable parts of ramp integrated systems;
- attachment bars,
used for all operations, utilizing aircraft movement equipment, e.g.:
- push back;
- maintenance towing;
- dispatch towing (operational towing).
This European Standard does not apply to:
- ground power installations on aircraft tractors;
- fixed ramp installations of ramp integrated systems (fixed track);
- special towing equipment (e.g. for recovery).
This European Standard does not establish requirements for noise and vibration.
Noise and vibration are dealt with respectively in EN 1915-4 and EN 1915-3.
This European Standard does not deal with hazards in respect to a standard automotive chassis and from other vehicles on the apron.
This Part of EN 12312 is not applicable to aircraft movement equipment which is manufactured before the date of publication of this European Standard by CEN.
This part of EN 12312 is intended to be used in conjunction with EN 1915-1, EN 1915-2, EN 1915-3 (for vehi-cles) and EN 1915-4.