Djurfoder - Bestämning av organoklor-pesticider och PCB:er med GC/ECD
This European Standard specifies a gas chromatographic method with electron capture detection (ECD) for the determination of organochlorine pesticides (OC’s) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in animal feeding stuffs.
The method is applicable to animal feeding stuffs with a water content up to about 20 wt% and oil/fatty samples containing residues of one or more of the following OC’s, PCBs, toxaphene and some of their isomers and degradation products:
- Chlorocamphene (Toxaphene);
- Chlordane (= sum of Chlordane isomers and Oxychlordane);
- DDT (= sum of isomers op'-DDT, pp'-DDT, pp'-TDE (pp'-DDD), and pp'-DDE);
- Endosulfan (sum of a-/ß-isomers and Endosulfan-sulphate);
- Heptachlor (= sum of Heptachlor and ß-Heptachlorepoxide);
- Hexachlorobenzene (HCB);
- Hexachlorocyclohexane isomers a-HCH (a-BHC), ß-HCH (ß-BHC), ?-HCH (?-BHC or lindane);
- PCB 28, 52, 101, 138, 153 and 180 (“Indicator PCBs”) and PCB 198, 209.
The limit of quantification for the mentioned organochlorine pesticides and PCBs is 5 ng/g in general. However, 10 ng/g applies for Heptachlor, Aldrin, Endrin, Dieldrin, and Endosulfan (a-, ß- and sulphate). Individual laboratories are responsible to ensure that the equipment they used will achieve these limits of quantifications.