Djurfoder - Bestämning av organoklor-pesticider och PCB:er med GC/MS
This European Standard specifies a gas chromatographic/mass spectrometric method for the determination of organochlorine pesticides (OC’s) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in animal feeding stuffs and oil.
The method is applicable to animal feeding stuffs with a water content up to about 20 wt% and oil/fatty samples containing residues of one or more of the following OC’s and PCBs and some of their isomers and degradation products:
- Chlordane (= sum of Chlordane isomers and Oxychlordane);
- DDT (= sum of isomers op'-DDT, pp'-DDT, pp'-TDE (pp'-DDD), and pp'-DDE);
- Endosulfan (sum of a-/ß-isomers and Endosulfan-sulphate);
- Heptachlor (= sum of Heptachlor and ß-Heptachlorepoxide);
- Hexachlorobenzene (HCB);
- Hexachlorocyclohexane isomers a-HCH (a-BHC), ß-HCH (ß-BHC), ?-HCH (?-BHC or lindane);
- PCB 28, 52, 101, 138, 153 and 180 (“Indicator PCBs”) and PCB 198, 209.
The method is not yet applicable to Chlorocamphene (Toxaphene), a complex mixture of polychlorinated camphenes. Chlorocamphene has a very distinctive chromatographic profile and is easily recognisable by GC/ECD. Positive identification of the toxaphene isomers can be performed by negative chemical ionisation mass spectrometry (NCI-MS), electron impact tandem mass spectrometry (EI-MSxMS) or electron impact high resolution mass spectrometry (EI-HRMS) , which is not within the scope of this method.
The limit of quantification for the mentioned organochlorine pesticides and PCBs is 5 ng/g in general. However, 10 ng/g applies for Heptachlor Aldrin, Endrin, Dieldrin, and Endosulfan (a-, ß- and sulphate). Individual laboratories are responsible to ensure that the equipment they used will achieve these limits of quantifications.