Järnvägar - Spår - Spårväxlar och -korsningar - Korsningskomponenter av gjutet austenitiskt manganstål
The scope of this European Standard is:
- to establish material requirements for cast austenitic manganese steel for fixed crossings and cradles for crossings with moveable parts designed to be welded or bolted to rails;
- to formulate codes of practice for inspection, testing of un-machined and machined heat-treated castings;
- to list the methods by which crossings should be identified and traced;
- to define limits of weld rectification by the supplier;
- special requirements for pre-hardened crossings.
Geometrical aspects, as machining tolerances and inspection of finished crossings are covered in EN 13232-6 and EN 13232-7 and therefore not in this European Standard.
This European Standard specifies the minimum requirements for cast manganese crossing components. Special applications (for instance tram systems) can require different demands in certain paragraphs and need to be agreed between customer and supplier.