Järnvägar - Passagerarlarm - Systemkrav
This European Standard specifies the characteristics of the Passenger Alarm System. The aim of the Passenger Alarm System is to:
a) permit passengers in case of emergency situations to inform the driver;
b) permit the driver to keep the train moving or to stop the train at a safe location;
c) stop the train automatically:
1) at a platform,
2) if there is no acknowledgement by the driver.
This European Standard covers the Passenger Alarm System (PAS) fitted to the passenger carrying rolling stock and specifies:
- the functional requirements for an alarm triggered in the driving cab (Clause 6);
- the communication channel between the driver and passengers or on-board staff (6.4);
- the dynamic analysis of the Passenger Alarm System (Clause 7);
- the requirements for the degraded modes management (Clause 8);
- the safety related requirements (Clause 9);
- requirements for the Passenger Alarm Device and Passenger Alarm Device area (Clause 10).
This European Standard is applicable to rolling stock which are in the field of the Directive 2008/57/EC.
NOTE 1 Existing Passenger Alarm Systems may require modification to work in conjunction with vehicles that comply with this standard.
NOTE 2 Most of the requirements of UIC 541–6 are compliant with this standard.
Other communications systems named 'communication device for passengers' or 'call for aid' in the CR LOC and PAS TSI  are not covered by this standard.
NOTE 3 prEN 16683, Railway applications Call for aid and communication device Requirements covers these aspects.