Järnvägar - Driftskrav och underhållsgränser för hjulpar
To ensure safety and interoperability, this European Standard gives:
- the mandatory limits for in-service and off-vehicle wheelsets;
- the mandatory operations to be carried out for which the specific values (and/or criteria) remain to be defined in the maintenance plan.
This document applies to wheelsets complying with the following European Standards:
- EN 12080, EN 12081, EN 12082;
- EN 13103, EN 13104;
- EN 13260, EN 13261, EN 13262;
- EN 13979-1;
- EN 13715,
- the axle with wheel diameters greater than or equal to 330 mm;
- axle boxes with bearings and grease.
This document is also applicable to wheelsets:
- fitted with brake discs, final drive, transmission or noise-damping systems, as appropriate;
- not complying with the above European Standards, but complying with the international requirements in force before the approval of these standards;
- with tyred wheels whose characteristics are given in Annex D.
For bilateral and domestic traffic, this document may be applied, noting that different values may be used.
All the dimensions of this document are in millimetres (mm).
NOTE The requirements to be met by components other than axles, wheels, axle boxes, bearings and grease (e.g. brake disc, final drive, transmission, noise-damping systems, etc.) shall be defined in a specific document.