Järnvägar - Bromssystem hos motorvagnståg - Del 2: Provningsmetoder
This European Standard specifies test methods and acceptance criteria for a brake system for use in self propelling thermal and electric trains, in the following document called EMU/DMU, operating on routes of the European conventional rail system network.
This European Standard is applicable to:
- all new vehicles designs of self-propelling thermal and electric trains;
- all major overhauls of the EMU/DMU if they involve redesigning or extensive alteration to the brake system of the vehicle concerned.
This European Standard does not cover:
- locomotive hauled trains which are specified by EN 14198;
- mass transit rolling stock which is specified by EN 13452 (all parts);
- high speed trains being operated at speeds greater than 200 km/h which are specified by EN 15734-1 and tests in EN 15734-2.
The functional testing requirements set out in this European Standard assume the vehicles are fitted with brake system architecture as defined in prEN 16185 1.
The braking performance obtained by applying the tests defined in this European Standard can be used to assess compliance with the required braking performance as defined in prEN 16185-1.