e-Competence Framework (e-CF) - A common European Framework for ICT Professionals in all industry sectors - Part 1: Framework
This European Standard provides a reference of 40 competences as required and applied at the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) business related workplace, using a common language for competences, skills and proficiency levels that can be understood across Europe. As the first sector-specific implementation of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), this European Standard aligns its proficiency levels to the EQF learning levels.
This European Standard was created for application by:
• ICT service, user and supply organizations,
• ICT professionals, managers and human resource (HR) departments,
• vocational education institutions and training bodies including higher education,
• social partners (trade unions and employer association), professional associations, accreditation, validation and assessment bodies,
• market analysts and policy makers, and other organizations and stakeholders in public and private sectors.