Hållbarhet hos byggnadsverk - Värdering av byggnaders miljöprestanda - Beräkningsmetod
This European Standard specifies the calculation method, based on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and other quantified environmental information, to assess the environmental performance of a building, and gives the means for the reporting and communication of the outcome of the assessment. The standard is applicable to new and existing buildings and refurbishment projects.
The standard gives:
- the description of the object of assessment;
- the system boundary that applies at the building level;
- the procedure to be used for the inventory analysis;
- the list of indicators and procedures for the calculations of these indicators;
- the requirements for presentation of the results in reporting and communication;
- and the requirements for the data necessary for the calculation.
The approach to the assessment covers all stages of the building life cycle and is based on data obtained from Environmental Product Declarations (EPD), their "information modules" (EN 15804) and other information necessary and relevant for carrying out the assessment. The assessment includes all building related construction products, processes and services, used over the life cycle of the building.
The interpretation and value judgments of the results of the assessment are not within the scope of this European Standard.