Railway applications - Design for PRM use - Accessibility of persons with reduced mobility to rolling stock - Part 2: Boarding aids
This European Standard describes the specific ‘Design for PRM use’ requirements applying to rolling stock and the assessment of those requirements. The following applies to this standard:
- the definitions and requirements describe specific aspects of ‘Design for PRM use’ required by persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility as defined in the PRM TSI;
- this standard defines elements which are universally valid for obstacle free travelling including steps for access and egress and boarding aids. The definitions and requirements of this standard are to be used for rolling stock applications;
- this standard only refers to aspects of accessibility for PRM passengers it does not define general requirements and general definitions;
- this standard assumes that the vehicle is in the defined operating condition;
- where minimum or maximum dimensions are quoted these are absolute NOT nominal.
The ‘Accessibility of persons with reduced mobility’ standard is written in two parts:
- Part 1 contains:
- steps for access and egress.
- this document is Part 2 and contains:
- boarding aids.