Ventilation for buildings - Ducts and ductwork components, leakage classification and testing
This European Standard applies to technical ductwork products, intended for installation in ductwork conforming to EN 1505 and EN 1506, used in air conditioning and ventilation systems defined in the scope of CEN/TC 156. This document specifies the leakage requirements for technical ductwork products, i.e. components in the ductwork that has more functions than conveying air, such as sound attenuators, filter boxes and duct fans, etc.
The following products are not within the scope of this document:
- ductwork components like bends, reducers, ducts and T-pieces. EN 12237 and EN 1507 apply;
- flexible ducts according to EN 13180;
- ducts made of insulation ductboards according to EN 13403;
- dampers according to EN 1751;
- air handling units according to EN 1886.
This document is a parallel standard to EN 12237, EN 1507 and EN 1751, based on the same leakage classification.