Gully tops and manhole tops for vehicular and pedestrian areas - Part 5: Gully tops and manhole tops made of composite materials
This European Standard is applicable to manhole tops and gully tops made of composite materials C1, C2 and C3 by using suitably controlled automatic processes that produce a single structure and that do not contain multiple pieces bonded together, with a clear opening up to and including 1 000 mm for covering gullies, manholes and inspection chambers for installation within areas subjected to pedestrian and/or vehicular traffic.
It is applicable to manhole tops and gully tops for use in:
- areas which can only be used by pedestrians and pedal cyclists (class A 15),
- pedestrian areas and comparable areas, car parks or car parking decks (class B 125),
- the area of kerbside channels of roads which, when measured from the kerb edge, extends a maximum of 0,5 m into the carriageway and a maximum of 0,2 m into the pedestrian area (class C 250),
and in addition to manhole tops for use in
- carriageways of roads (including pedestrian streets), hard shoulders and parking areas, for all types of road vehicles (class D 400).
This European Standard is not applicable in isolation but only in combination with EN 124-1 and gives guidance for combinations of covers/gratings made from composite materials with frames according to EN 124-2, EN 124-3, EN 124-4 and EN 124-6.
This document is not applicable to:
- manhole tops and gully tops manufactured by means of hand lay-up method,
- gratings/covers as part of prefabricated drainage channels according to EN 1433,
- floor and roof gullies in buildings which are specified in EN 1253 (all parts), and
- surface boxes.