Portable fire extinguishers - Part 10: Provisions for evaluating the conformity of a portable fire extinguisher to EN 3-7
This European Standard specifies the minimum requirements for attesting the conformity of portable fire extinguishers to EN 3-7, as well as the requirements for the quality and production control of the fire extinguishers.
It specifies the documentation to be provided regarding:
- identification of the applicant;
- dentification of the manufacturer, if not the applicant;
- identification of subcontractor(s), if applicable;
- identification of the extinguisher;
- documents provided with the extinguisher;
- CE marking;
- quality management system;
- extinguishing media toxicological information.
It specifies methods for:
- type testing;
- factory assessment;
- controls during production.
NOTE 1 A test report and a satisfactory audit supporting documentation could form the basis for an applicant to request a certification of his product from an EA accredited certification body. Additional requirements can be made by national regulations and/or quality marks.
NOTE 2 Where appropriate, component family testing could be applied.