Value management - Functional expression of the need and functional performance specification - Requirements for expressing and validating the need to be satisfied within the process of purchasing or obtaining a product
This European Standard is a tool to be used by any partner wishing to draft and make use of the reference of any need to be satisfied. In light of this purpose, it:
a) states the interests and fields of application of the Functional Need Analysis, Functional Need Expression and Functional Performance Specification concepts;
b) determines the contents requirements of the functional need expression structured in four main bodies:
1) global definition of the need;
2) definition of the strategic elements and the consolidation of needs;
3) highlighting of principles, and concepts chosen beforehand, if any;
4) description of the functions to be provided and of the constraints to be complied with.
c) determines the requirements on the composition and contents of a functional performance specification and those used to assess its quality, i.e. requirements concerning:
1) its contents and structure;
2) the assessment of the characteristics which define its quality.
d) precisely specifies, in the form of requirements:
1) the conditions for a successful Functional Need Analysis (FNA) action producing a deliverable called Functional Need Expression (FNE);
2) the conditions for drawing up a successful functional performance specification (FPS) based on the available functional need expression (FNE);
3) the conditions of use of the FPS by the inquirer and the various partners involved (the provider for example);
e) specifies the various conditions of use of these concepts.