Mechanical vibration - Testing of mobile machinery in order to determine the vibration emission value
This European Standard specifies the determination of whole-body and hand-arm vibration emissions at operator position(s) during testing of mobile machinery. The purpose of this European Standard is to assist technical standardization committees responsible for specific types of machinery in preparing vibration test codes to ensure that such vibration test codes
- are as homogeneous as possible with each individual test code having the same basic structure;
- are in full accordance with basic standards on measurement of vibration emission;
- reflect the latest technical knowledge of methods of determining the vibration emission from the specific family of machinery under consideration;
- provide manufacturers with a standardized method for the determination and declaration of the vibration emission value(s) of their machinery;
- enable the user of the machinery or the member of an inspection body to compare the vibration emission values of different machinery and to verify the vibration emission values provided by the manufacturer.
This European Standard provides requirements for the preparation of vibration test codes, including guidelines for the conditions under which the measurements shall be made (e.g. operating conditions). Information to be included in a typical vibration test code is summarized in Annex A.