This European Standard specifies checks, test methods and measuring instruments in order to verify the fitness for purpose of
the installed systems at the stage of handing over.
The standard enables the choice between simple test methods, when sufficient, and extensive measurements, when necessary.
The standard applies to mechanically operated ventilation and air conditioning systems as specified in CR 12792 and comprising any of the following:
- Air terminal devices and units
- Air handling units
- Air distribution systems (supply, extract, exhaust)
- Fire protection devices
- Automatic control devices.
This standard does neither define the procedure by which the system is set, adjusted and balanced nor the procedure for internal quality control checks before handing over.
The standard does not apply to:
- Heat generating systems and their control
- Refrigerating systems and their control
- Distribution of heating and cooling medium to the air handling units
- Compressed air supplying systems
- Water conditioning systems
- Central steam generating systems for air humidifying
- Electric supply systems.
This standard applies to ventilation and air conditioning systems designed for the maintenance of comfort conditions for buildings excluding dwellings. It is not applicable in the case of systems for the control of industrial or other special process environments. In the latter case, however, it may be referred to if the system technology is similar to that of the above mentioned ventilation and air conditioning systems.
This standard does not include any requirements concerning the installation contract. However, in order to facilitate the application of this standard, the installation contract should refer to the provisions which are listed in annex H.