Railway applications - Rolling stock maintenance - Maintenance records
This document defines requirements for the content on maintenance records on railway vehicles and guidance to help the parties involved in the maintenance process to fulfil their responsibilities, especially to:
- document that maintenance has been ordered properly;
- document that maintenance has been delivered according to the maintenance order.
The following are out of the scope of this document:
- managing documentation required to schedule and carry out maintenance (e.g. trigger events for planned maintenance or fault notices reported by train crew);
- managing fault notices generated by trainborne diagnostic systems;
- managing documentation related to the interaction between railway undertakings and ECM (e.g. return to operation).