Safety requirements for cableway installations designed to carry persons - Calculations
This document specifies the general safety requirements applicable to the calculations for cableway installations designed to carry persons. This document is applicable to the various types of cableway installations and takes into account their environment.
This document contains:
- general requirements for calculations and their presentation;
- general requirements relating to the actions to be taken into account in the calculation of components as a basis for the requirements of the standards EN 13223, EN 13107, EN 12927 and EN 1908;
- requirements relating to verification of ropes by calculation;
- requirements relating to the determination of the drive power;
- requirements for the actions of the ropes and carriers on the support structures and for the deformations of these support structures.
This document does not apply to installations for the transportation of goods nor to lifts.