This part of ISO 19085 gives the safety requirements and measures for stationary, manually loaded and unloaded:
- single end tenoning machines with manual feed sliding table,
- single end tenoning machines with mechanical feed sliding table,
- single end tenoning and/or profiling machines with mechanical feed,
- double end tenoning and/or profiling machines with mechanical feed, also designed to be automatically loaded/unloaded,
- angular systems for tenoning and profiling with mechanical feed,
with maximum work-piece height capacity of 200 mm for single end machines and 500 mm for double end machines, hereinafter referred to as “machines”.
It deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to machines, when operated, adjusted and maintained as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer including reasonably foreseeable misuse. Also transport, assembly, dismantling, disabling and scrapping phases are taken into account.