Safety of machinery - Safety requirements for the design and construction of printing and paper converting machines - Part 2: Printing and varnishing machines including pre-press machinery
This document applies to:
- Pre-press machinery (machinery and devices for the production of master copies and printing forms):
- exposure equipment for the production of films and printing forms;
- equipment for developing films and printing forms;
- washing machines for printing forms;
- machines for bending printing forms;
- punching machines for film and printing forms;
- cutting machines for film and printing forms;
- machines for the production of gravure printing forms;
- Printing and varnishing machines:
- proofing presses;
- sheet-fed printing presses and varnishing machines including digital printing presses;
- web-fed rotary presses and varnishing machines including digital printing presses;
- screen printing presses.
- Auxiliary devices:
- cylinder and roller washing devices;
- continuous flow drying devices;
- powder spraying devices;
- auxiliary devices on inking and damping units;
- automatic plate clamping devices;
- washing equipment for printing forms, rollers and scrapers;
- pile turners;
- measuring and control devices.
This document shall be used together with !EN 1010-1:2004+A1". Both parts together identify all significant hazards relevant to printing and varnishing machines including pre-press machinery and auxiliary devices, when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see clause 4). The specific requirements specified in prEN 1010-2 take precedence over respective requirements in this standard.
This document does not deal with risks generated by noise emitted from the machines. These issues are fundamentally covered in EN 1010-1:2004+A1.
This document does not apply to high-pressure cleaning devices and screen printing presses for textile substrates.