Footwear, leather and imitation leather goods manufacturing machines - Noise test code - Common requirements
1.1 This noise test code specifies common requirements necessary to carry out efficiently and under standardised conditions the determination, declaration and verification of the noise emission characteristics of the following leather and imitation leather goods and footwear manufacturing machinery:
- Cutting and punching machines (EN 12044);
- Roughing, scouring, polishing and trimming machines (EN 930);
- Footwear moulding machines (EN 1845);
- Lasting machines (EN 931);
- Nailing machines (EN 12653);
- Modular shoe repair equipment (EN 12387);
- Shoe and leather presses (EN 12203);
- Splitting, skiving, cutting, cementing and cement drying machines (EN 13457).
Common requirements given in this standard are complemented by specific requirements on noise given in the above mentioned C-type standards.
1.2 Noise emission characteristics include emission sound pressure levels at workstations and the sound power level.
The determination of these quantities is necessary e.g. for:
- manufacturers to declare the noise emitted;
- comparing the noise emitted by machines in the family concerned;
- purposes of noise control at source at the design stage.
1.3 The use of this noise test code and of the specific requirements on noise given in the relevant C-type standard ensures the reproducibility of the determination of the noise emission characteristics within specified limits determined by the grade of accuracy of the basic noise measurement standards used.