Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics - Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of fungicidal or yeasticidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas - Test method and requirements (phase 2, step 1)
This document specifies a test method and the minimum requirements for fungicidal or yeasticidal activity of chemical disinfectant and antiseptic products that form a homogeneous, physically stable preparation when diluted with hard water or - in the case of ready-to-use-products - with water. Products can only be tested at a concentration of 80 % or less as some dilution is always produced by adding the test organisms and interfering substance.
This document applies to products that are used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas excluding areas and situations where disinfection is medically indicated and excluding products used on living tissues except those for hand hygiene in the above considered areas. The following areas are at least included:
a) processing, distribution and retailing of:
1) food of animal origin: 2) food of vegetable origin:
- milk and milk products; - beverages;
- meat and meat products; - fruits, vegetables and derivatives (including sugar, distillery ...);
- fish, seafood, and related products; - flour, milling and baking;
- eggs and egg products; - animal feeds;
- animal feeds; - etc.
b) institutional and domestic areas:
- catering establishments;
- public areas;
- public transports;
- sports rooms;
- waste containers (bins ...);
- clinically non-sensitive areas of hospitals;
c) other industrial areas:
- packaging material;
- biotechnology (yeast, proteins, enzymes, ...);
- cosmetics and toiletries;
- space industry, computer industry;
EN 14885 specifies in detail the relationship of the various tests to one another and to "use recommendations".