Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts - Special lifts for the transport of persons and goods - Part 41: Vertical lifting platforms intended for use by persons with impaired mobility
1.1 This European Standard deals with safety requirements for construction, manufacturing, installation, maintenance and dismantling of electrically powered vertical lifting platforms affixed to a building structure intended for use by persons with impaired mobility:
- travelling vertically between predefined levels along a guided path whose inclination to the vertical does not exceed 15°;
- intended for use by persons with or without a wheelchair;
- supported or sustained by rack and pinion, wire ropes, chains, screw and nut, friction/traction between wheels and the rail, guided chain, scissors mechanism or hydraulic jack (direct or indirect);
- with enclosed liftways;
- with a speed not greater than 0,15 m/s;
- with platforms where the carrier is not completely enclosed.
1.2 This standard deals with all significant hazards relevant to lifting platforms, when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).