This International Standard specifies a method for determining the fire resistance of door and shutter assemblies designed primarily for installation within openings incorporated in vertical separating elements, such as:
- hinged and pivoted doors;
- horizontally-sliding and vertically-sliding doors including articulated sliding doors and sectional doors;
- steel single skin folding shutters (uninsulated);
- other sliding folding doors;
- tilting doors;
- lift landing/elevator doors;
- rolling shutter doors;
- removable panels in walls.
This International Standard is used in conjunction with ISO 834-1. No requirements are included for mechanical conditioning, e.g. “shakedown” or durability, as these are included in the relevant product standard. This method may also be used to determine the fire resistance of non-loadbearing horizontal doors by analogy. However, these are not specifically addressed here and the field of direct application given in Clause 13 is not valid for horizontally-oriented doors. For smoke leakage testing of doors and shutters refer to ISO 5925-1.