Eurocode 9: Design of aluminium structures - Part 1-2: Structural fire design
(1)P EN 1999 applies to the design of buildings and civil engineering works in aluminium. It complies with the principles and requirements for the safety and serviceability of structures, the basis of their design and verification that are given in EN 1990 – Basis of structural design.
(2)P EN 1999 is only concerned with requirements for resistance, serviceability, durability and fire resistance of aluminium structures. Other requirements, e.g. concerning thermal or sound insulation, are not considered.
(3) EN 1999 is intended to be used in conjunction with:
- EN 1990 “Basis of structural design”
- EN 1991 “Actions on structures”, all relevant parts
- European Standards for construction products relevant for aluminium structures
- EN 1998 “Design of structures for earthquarke resistance”, where aluminium structures are built in seismic regions
(4) EN 1999 is subdivided in five parts:
- EN 1999-1-1 Design of aluminium structures: General structural rules
- EN 1999-1-2 Design of aluminium structures: Structural fire design
- EN 1999-1-3 Design of aluminium structures: Structures susceptible to fatigue
- EN 1999-1-4 Design of aluminium structures: Cold formed structural sheeting
- EN 1999-1-5 Design of aluminium structures: Shell structures