IEC 60335-2-68:2012 deals with the safety of electrical portable, non-self-propelled motor-operated spray extraction machines with or without attachments and with or without electrical heating elements, intended for commercial indoor use. This standard applies to machines for commercial use. The following list, although not comprehensive, gives an indication of locations that are included in the scope:
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- business premises, for example offices and banks;
- rental services for those machines and all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes.
They are not equipped with a traction drive. The following power systems are covered: mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances and battery powered motors. This standard applies to machines in which the pressure of the employed cleaning agent does not exceed 2,5 MPa, and in which the product of the pressure (in MPa) and the flow of cleaning agent (in litres per minute) does not exceed 100, and in which the temperature of the cleaning agent at the spray nozzle outlet does not exceed 85 °C. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2002 and its Amendments 1 (2005) and 2 (2007). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the third edition of IEC 60335-2-68 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- the title has been changed for better distinction with regard to IEC 60335-2-72;
- the scope has been revised editorially to avoid misunderstandings;
- terms and definitions has been revised with regard to the requirements revised;
- the standard has been revised in general and updated regarding state-of-the-art, as far as necessary, in particular...