Vägtrafikinformatik - Elektronisk vägavgiftsupptagning - Applikationsprofil för interoperabilitet vid korthållskommunikation
The scope for this European Standard is limited to:
- payment method: Central account based on EFC-DSRC;
- physical systems: OBU, RSE and the DSRC interface between them (all functions and information flows related to these parts);
- DSRC-link requirements;
- EFC transactions over the DSRC interface;
- data elements to be used by OBU and RSE used in EFC-DSRC transactions;
- security mechanisms for OBU and RSE used in EFC-DSRC transactions.
The scope of this European Standard is illustrated in Figure 1.
It is outside the scope of this European Standard to define:
- contractual and procedural interoperability requirements (including issues related to a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU);
- conformance procedures and test specification (this is provided in a separate set of standards);
- setting-up of operating organizations (e.g. toll charger, toll service provider, trusted third party, etc.);
- legal issues;
- other payment methods in DSRC-based EFC (e.g. on-board accounts using integrated circuit cards);
- other basic technologies (e.g. GNSS/CN or video registration based EFC). However, this European Standard may be used for defining the DSRC-EFC parts for the use in applications that implement a mix of different technologies;
- non-EFC transactions over the DSRC interface (e.g. CCC and LAC communication, which is defined in other standards);
- other interfaces or functions in EFC-systems than those specified above (i.e. information flows and data exchange between operators or personalization, initialization and customization of the OBU).
Some of these issues are subject to separate standards prepared by CEN/TC 278, ISO/TC 204 or ETSI ERM.
Figure 2 shows the scope of this European Standard from a DSRC-stack perspective.