Garden equipment - Safety requirements for combustion-engine-powered lawnmowers - Part 1: Terminology and common tests (ISO 5395-1:2013)
SS-EN ISO 5395-1:2013/A1:2018
This part of ISO 5395 specifies terminology and common test methods used for verification of safety requirements for combustion engine powered rotary lawnmowers and cylinder lawnmowers including pedestrian-controlled (with or without sulky) and ride-on types (hereafter named “lawnmower”), and equipped with:
- metallic cutting means and/or;
- non-metallic cutting means with one or more cutting elements pivotally mounted on a generally circular drive unit, where these cutting elements rely on centrifugal force to achieve cutting, and have a kinetic energy for each single cutting element of 10 J or more.
This document does not apply to:
- robotic and remote-controlled lawnmowers, flail mowers, grassland mowers, sickle bar mowers, towed/semi-mounted grass cutting machines, and scrub-clearing machines;
- cutting-means assembly when used in combination with an agricultural tractor;
- electrically powered and battery-powered lawnmowers.
NOTE IEC 60335-1 together with IEC 60335-2-77 give requirements for pedestrian-controlled walk-behind electrically powered lawnmowers.
This document is not applicable to lawnmowers which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document.