Intelligent transport systems - Public transport - Identification of Fixed Objects in Public Transport (IFOPT)
This European Standard defines a model and identification principles for the main fixed objects related to public access to Public Transport (e.g. stop points, stop areas, stations, connection links, entrances, etc.), in particular:
- to identify the relevant functions which need a unique identification of fixed objects especially for the Passenger Information domain in a multi-modal, multi-operator context;
- to identify the main fixed objects related to the Public Transport system, choosing a certain viewpoint, i.e. considering a certain level of detail ("granularity") of the given description taking into account the needs of the identified functions;
- to give a typology of these objects together with definitions;
- to present relationships between the identified Public Transport objects;
- to unambiguously describe these objects through their main properties (attributes);
- to describe how to locate these objects in space through coordinates and through the link to topographic objects with a clear separation between the "Public Transport layer" and the "topographic layer" described in its turn by geographic objects;
- to enable the assignment of data administration (responsibility for data maintenance) of each fixed object.
Geospatial location referencing techniques of PT objects (e.g. use of satellites, roadside equipment for positioning) or representation techniques on maps (projections) are outside the scope of this standard.