Ductile iron pipes, fittings, accessories and their joints for water pipelines - Requirements and test methods
This European Standard specifies the requirements and associated test methods applicable to ductile iron pipes, fittings, accessories and their joints for the construction of pipelines outside buildings:
- to convey different types of water (e.g. raw water, treated water, re-used water) for all types of applications (e.g. water intended for human consumption, for fire protection, for snow making, for irrigation, for hydro-electricity etc.);
- with or without pressure;
- to be installed below or above ground.
This European Standard is applicable to pipes, fittings and accessories which are:
- manufactured with socketed, flanged or spigot ends;
- supplied externally and internally coated;
- suitable for fluid temperatures between 0 °C and 50 °C, excluding frost;
- not intended for use in areas subject to reaction to fire regulations.
This does not preclude special arrangements for the products to be used at higher temperatures.
This European Standard covers pipes and fittings cast by any type of foundry process or manufactured by fabrication of cast components, as well as corresponding joints and accessories, in a size range extending from DN 40 to DN 2 000, inclusive.
This European Standard specifies requirements for materials, dimensions and tolerances, mechanical properties and standard coatings of ductile iron pipes and fittings. It also gives performance requirements for all components including joints. Joint design and gasket shapes are outside the scope of this standard.
In addition, reference is made to the minimum performance requirements of couplings, flange adaptors and saddles manufactured for use with ductile iron pipes and fittings.
NOTE In this European Standard, all pressures are relative pressures, expressed in bars (100 kPa = 1 bar).