Measuring method of the energy consumption of gas fired ovens
This European Standard specifies the method of test for determining the gas energy consumption in gas-fired domestic ovens when they are being used in one or more of the oven cooking modes defined in 3.1. It applies to the gas-fired domestic ovens which are capable of utilizing gases of group H or group E, possibly after conversion according to instructions for use.
This European Standard applies to these gas-fired domestic ovens, whether they are separate appliances or component parts of domestic cooking appliances.
This European Standard also applies to domestic appliances that can utilize gas and/or electrical energy to provide heat for cooking when the ovens are utilizing gas energy to provide heat for cooking, but not when electric energy is used to provide any or all of the heat for cooking in the oven.
It is not applicable to:
- microwave combination ovens;
- small cavities ovens (3.2);
- oven cavities not provided with devices to detect and control the temperature for the preparation of food;
- cooking modes others than defined in 3.1.1 and 3.1.2;
- ovens connected to a chimney in which the gas energy for cooking provides, by design, also space and/or water heating;
- appliances designed for use with gases of the third family only.
This European Standard is concerned neither with safety nor with overall performance requirements.