Floating leisure articles for use on and in the water - Part 7: Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for class E devices
SS-EN ISO 25649-7:2017
This European Standard is applicable for CLASS E floating leisure articles for use on and in water according to EN 15649-1 regardless whether the buoyancy is achieved by inflation or inherent buoyant material.
This document (EN 15649-7) is applicable with EN 15649-1 and EN 15649-2.
Class E devices are intended for use in bathing areas or in protected and safe shore zones.
NOTE 1 Typical products forming class E:
- inflatable boats for rowing or paddling of near oval shape with or without transom;
- canoes and kayaks;
- inflatable boats made from plastic sheets or from reinforced materials;
- motor kit/sail kit as additional option.
NOTE 2 Typical places for application of Class E devices:
- moving from A to B for pleasure purposes;
- staying on the water for relaxing;
- moving from shore to the main water craft, transportation of persons and load (tender boat).