Safety of toys - Part 8: Activity toys for domestic use
This European Standard specifies requirements and test methods for activity toys for domestic use often attached to or incorporating a crossbeam, and similar toys intended for children under 14 years to play on or in and often intended to bear the mass of one or more children.
This European Standard also specifies requirements for:
- separately sold accessories for, and components of activity toys;
- separately sold swing elements that are ready for use on or in combination with an activity toy;
- construction packages for activity toys including components used to build activity toys according to a scheduled building instruction.
The scope of this European Standard excludes:
- playground equipment intended for public use dealt with in the EN 1176 series;
- bow-mounted rocking activity toys such as rocking horses and similar toys, which are covered by specific requirements in EN 71 1;
- toy pools with maximum depth of water over 400 mm measured, between the overflow level and the deepest point within the pool;
NOTE 1 For information regarding the classification of pools as toys see European Commission guidance document No. 8 from Bibliographical Entry .
- pools with maximum depth of water over 400 mm measured, between the overflow level and the deepest point within the pool, without play elements covered e.g. by the EN 16582 series or EN 16927.
NOTE 2 There is an enhanced risk of drowning in toy pools where the depth of water is in excess of 400 mm.
- trampolines for domestic use dealt with in EN 71 14.
- inflatable activity toys (except paddling pools).
See also A.1.