Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance - Part 3: Assessment and retrofitting of buildings
(2) The scope of EN 1998-3 is as follow:
- To provide criteria for the evaluation of the seismic performance of existing individual building structures.
- To describe the approach in selecting necessary corrective measures.
- To set forth criteria for the design of retrofitting measures (i.e. conception, structural analysis including intervention measures, final dimensionering of structural parts and their connections to existing stuctural elements).
NOTE For the purposes of this standard, retrofitting covers both the strenghtening of undamaged structures and the repair earthquake damaged structures.
(3) When designing a structural intervention to provide adequate resistance against seismic actions, structural verifications should also be made with respect to non-seismic load combinations.