This European Standard specifies the classification for resistance to water penetration for doors in a closed position, when tested in accordance with EN 12489.
The doors are intended for installation in areas in the reach of people, for which the main intended uses are giving safe access for goods, vehicles and persons in industrial, commercial or residential premises.
The doors may be manually or power operated.
This document applies to all doors provided in accordance with prEN 13241:1998.
It does not apply to:
- lock gates and dock gates;
- doors on lifts;
- doors on vehicles;
- armoured doors;
- doors mainly for the retention of animals;
- theatre textile curtains;
- horizontally moving doors less than 2,5 m wide and 6,25 m2
area, designed principally for pedestrian use;
- revolving doors of any size;
- doors outside the reach of people (such as crane gantry fences);
- railway barriers;
- barriers used solely for vehicles.