This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and hazardous events relevant to ovens and dryers in which flammable substances are released by evaporation from and curing of coating materials.
This European Standard is only applicable to machines which are used as intended and under the conditions which are foreseeable as malfunction by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- ovens and dryers in which flammable substances are released by evaporation from and curing of coating materials, in which the concentration of these flammable substances shall not, under no circumstances, exceed 3 % of the LEL;
NOTE 1 These machines are dealt with in EN 746-1 and EN 746-2.
-combined spraying and drying booths;
NOTE 2 EN 13355 deals with combined spraying and drying booths.
- ovens for hardening metals;
- sintering furnaces;
- enamelling plants;
- portable heating systems for drying (for instance infrared radiant heaters, hot-air blowers, blow-dryers);
- machinery for production of pharmaceutical products;
- machinery for production of food;
- solvent recovery plants;
- distillation and/or refraction plants;
- textile dry-cleaning systems.
This European Standard is not applicable to machinery manufactured before the date of its publication as EN.