This standard specifies requirements to be met by the manufacturer of abrasive blasting equipment for the foreseeable significant hazards due to design, construction and installation, during commissioning, operation, maintenance and decommissioning of the equipment which employ either centrifugal force or compressed air as a means of accelerating abrasive to achieve the desired result.
Abrasive blasting equipment covers:
- centrifugal blasting machines;
- air blasting machines;
- loading, conveying and unloading systems for the workpieces.
See Annex A for more details.
This standard covers all foreseeable significant hazards which could be encountered during the lifetime of the machine as listed in clause 5.
This standard does not apply to:
- mobile centrifugal blasting equipment;
- mobile air blasting equipment;
- wet blasting equipment;
- the general works compressed air supply system.