This European Standard applies to the following groups of machines:
- wrapping machines which partially wrap products (see Figures 1-4)
- wrapping machines which form a complete wrap without sealing (see Figures 5-7)
- wrapping machines which form a complete wrap with sealing (see Figures 8-14)
- shrinking equipment which is connected to wrapping machines covered by this standard (see Figures 15-16)
The individual machines are described in 3.2 of this standard.
This European Standard deals with safety requirements for machine design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation, adjustment, maintenance and cleaning of wrapping machines.
The extent to which hazards, hazardous situations and events are covered are indicated in Clause 4 of this document.
This standard is not applicable to larger examples of wrapping machines designed to handle products higher than 400 mm and wider than 400 mm. These machines are covered by EN 415-6.
This document is not applicable to wrapping machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.
This standard does not consider the following hazards:
• Use of wrapping machines in potentially explosive atmospheres;
• Health, safety or hygiene hazards associated with the products that may be handled by the machines but does include general advice on this subject;
• Hazards that may be associated with electromagnetic emissions from wrapping machines;
• Hazards that may be associated with decommissioning wrapping machines.