This European Standard applies to:
- hydraulically powered open die forging presses for hot working;
- handling and cooling equipment connected with the control system of the forging line, e. g., manipulators, rotating type handling devices, die shifting devices, table devices and tool changing devices;
- handling equipment designed specifically to be used within the forging line, e. g., material manipulation devices, turnover or handling devices attached to fork lift trucks or cranes etc.
It specifies the health and safety requirements at all stages in the life of the equipment, its design, ordering, construction, use and disposal.
This European Standard specifies requirements to be met by the manufacturer to ensure the health and safety of persons during construction, transport, commissioning, operation, maintenance and de-commissioning, as well as in the event of foreseeable faults as malfunctions which may occur in the equipment.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to hydraulically powered open die hot forging presses when they are used as intended and under conditions foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
This European Standard does not cover:
- hydraulically controlled closed die forging presses for hot working;
- mechanically powered hot forging presses;
- mobile manipulators as defined in 3.4.2;
- standard transport and lifting equipment modified for use with material manipulation devices, turnover and handling devices such as for fork lift trucks and cranes.
This European Standard is not applicable to machinery which was manufactured before the date of publication of this standard by CEN.